About the Store
The Teacher Reuse Store is the collaboration of The Place of Forsyth, Sawnee Woman's Club and Reaping Nature Educational Outreach Foundation, three non-profits serving Forsyth County. Through this program, we are keeping school supplies and related items out of our landfill and putting them in the hands of Forsyth County's teachers, classrooms and schools.
The Teacher Reuse Store will be open on TBA 2020. If a teacher needs supplies at a non-designated date and time, please call or email Melina Holt at The Place of Forsyth - (770) 887-1098 - email@example.com, and she will work to accommodate the request.
* ALL public, private and homeschool teachers in Forsyth County are welcome to come "shop" on Teacher Appreciation Day in the The Place of Forsyth's Thrift Store and Teacher Reuse Store on TBA 2020.
* ONLY teachers will be able to shop for FREE items in the Teacher Reuse Store. NO helpers or children will be admitted into the Teacher Reuse Store.
* ALL teachers MUST provide official documentation to verify teaching status - a school district photo I.D., a letter on school letterhead signed by the principal and/or letter of intent to homeschool will be accepted for entry into the Teacher Reuse Store.
NOTE: For your shopping pleasure and safety leave your bags, suitcases, wagons, and carts at home. The only bags allowed in the store will be provided to you.
Teacher Reuse Store Coordinator and/or Committee - End of Year Classroom Discards
Another unique part of this collaboration is the collection of items cleaned out of classrooms by teachers at the end of the school year (GUIDELINES FOR ACCEPTED MATERIALS). The Place of Forsyth will pickup classroom discards from schools that request a pickup, and who have items organized and boxed/bagged for pick up.
If you would like to donate classroom clean out items for the Teacher Reuse Store,
later than TBA 2020.
The goal of the Teacher Reuse Store is to provide usable materials to teachers for no cost and reduce the amount of waste disposed in our local landfill. Please take the time and examine what your school, business or industry no longer needs, and you might discover that your trash is a teacher's treasure!
Donations are welcome and will be accepted year-round by The Place of Forsyth. Please call or email Melina Holt at The Place of Forsyth - (770) 887-1098 - firstname.lastname@example.org - if the donation is large and requires pickup. Otherwise, drop off donations at TBA or The Place of Forsyth, 2550 The Place Circle, Cumming, clearly marked for the Teacher Reuse Store.
Top items needed by teachers for their classrooms:
- Containers and baskets (same color) to collect books/items
- Cute borders & classroom decorations
- Electric pencil sharpener
- Games and puzzles or recess and centers*
- Leveled books for classroom libraries
- Post-its and personalized notes to write to students/parents
- Age appropriate items for a classroom treasure chest
- Seating options (stools, exercise balls, small rocking chairs to read in)
Additional donations accepted at Teacher Reuse Store:
- Hand-help pencil sharpeners
- Glue sticks & white bottled glue
- Washable & dry erase markers
- Sharpie permanent markers
- Ear buds & headphones (new only)
- Plastic supply boxes & pencil pouches
- 3 ring binders (1.5 inch)
- 3 prong plastic folders with pockets
- Paper (ruled, construction & graph cm or inch)
- Composition & spiral notebooks
- Staplers & stapler removers
- Calculators - basic 4 function, scientific and T1 30x multiview
- Manipulatives ( ex. base ten & pattern blocks and counting, interlocking & stacking cubes)**
**Manipulatives are physical objects that are used as teaching tools to engage students in the hands-on learning of mathematics.
NO electronics or hazardous materials will not be accepted for the Teacher Reuse Store.
If you are interested in volunteering to help organize items or otherwise volunteer at the Teacher Reuse Store, please contact Melina Holt at The Place of Forsyth - (770) 887-1098 - email@example.com.
Teacher Reuse Store Partners