Learn more about what we've done!
Did you know?
"It's been shown that fostering environmental education in children is critical because it:
* helps them develop into adults who understand and care about environmental stewardship
* nurtures their sense of wonder, imagination, and creativity
* provides them with a sense of beauty, calm, and refuge in a sometimes frightening world
* expands their intellectual development; it's been proven to improve test scores, grade-point averages, and problem-solving skills
* enhances physical development
* helps them understand the interrelationship of all life"
Source: Promote Environmental Education in Children by Deborah Mitchell, www.charityguide.org - How to Make a Difference in a Few Hours
A Charity of Awareness - Supporting Environmental Education for Children, Adults & Communities
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.
Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. -- Margaret Mead