Programs & Resources
SCHOOL, TEACHER & PARENT RESOURCES:
- Environmental Education in North Fulton GA Website. The purpose of this Website is to facilitate information to parents, teachers and volunteers on how to begin or enhance an Environmental Education Program at their school. Click here to visit site.
- Reaping Nature EOF has compiled a list of recycling programs and ideas for use by teachers, volunteers and parents. The websites listed are provided as a courtesy for visitors, and do not represent our approval, acceptance, monitoring, endorsement or qualification of any linked website.
- It is not the intent of Reaping Nature EOF to advocate a particular course of action or viewpoint, but rather to encourage others to make responsible decisions and take actions that positively impact their environment and community.
- Recycling websites, programs & ideas (click here) - Top 10 ways to live greener (click here)
Kids, always have an adult's permission before visiting any website.
I 'LIKEL' TO RECYCLE™ - REVISED & NEW!
- Our interactive recycling program covers a diverse context of learning areas, including, language arts, math, health education (community) and fine arts.
- We use an age-appropriate discussion, visual presentation, current facts, props, original song, and humor to engage and educate listeners.
- This program is designed to aid preschool and elementary school educators and program directors by offering an environmental education experience that is aligned with core values.
Listeners will learn:
- The Big 5 we all can recycle.
- History of the recycling symbol and MORE!
- This interactive, highly educational program is available for small groups, classrooms, or assembly-style program settings.
- Program is suitable for kindergarten through 5th grade.
Recycling - Teacher Fact Sheets, Lesson Plans, Videos & Classroom Activities:
- Loop Scoops (Garbage, Electronic Gadgets, Magazines, Juice Boxes) - Zoom (Visit a Recycling Plant)
COMPOSTING & RED WIGGLERS.
- We have several worm bins with red wigglers to sign out to teachers in Forsyth County Schools ONLY (at present).
- Bins are available for 12-week periods of time.
- Click here for information about caring for our worms during their visit.
Compost Bins for Forsyth County Schools.
- Tyson Foods in Cumming invested in students and schools by building compost bins for use with school gardens. Reaping Nature is proud to work with Tyson on this project. Together we have installed the following compost bins at Forsyth County Schools:
2012-2013 bins installed:
- Forsyth Central High School
- North Forsyth High School
- Piney Grove Middle School
Wait list for 2013:
Compost/Worms - Teacher Fact Sheets, Lessons Plans, Videos & Classroom
- ehow (make a compost bin out of a soda bottle & videos)
- Learning to Give (Select Find Lesson Plans, Select Text, Search Compost for desired grade level/science.)
- It’s Gone Rotten Video (This video on composting science is designed to be used at the high school level. Shows invertebrates and microorganisms that live in compost and focuses on classroom use of compost for scientific investigations.)
AFTER SCHOOL ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION CLUBS.
- After school "green" teams allow students who are interested in learning more the environment to interact with one another. Students enjoy reuse crafts, environmental games, and special presentations from those in "green" industries and professions.
- Suitable for 4th & 5th grades
- Limit of 25 students per school
- ONLY schools located in Forsyth County
- Meetings are 1x per month for an hour and a half
- Participating students are required to have a signed permission slip from a parent or guardian
After school EE Clubs/Groups:
Disclaimer: I "Likel" to Recycle™ is the intellectual property of Reaping Nature Productions, LLC and may not be copied, reproduced, distributed or displayed without Reaping Nature Productions' express written permission. The usage of any photo or image in any program is believed to comply with all copyrights. Reaping Nature Educational Outreach Foundation, Inc. has received written permission from Reaping Nature Productions, LLC to use their copyright and trademark property on this website and in their programs. Please review our Terms & Conditions and Conflict of Interest Policy regarding the terms and usage of this website. Thank you.
Did you know?
"It's been shown that fostering environmental education in children is critical because it:
* helps them develop into adults who understand and care about environmental stewardship
* nurtures their sense of wonder, imagination, and creativity
* provides them with a sense of beauty, calm, and refuge in a sometimes frightening world
* expands their intellectual development; it's been proven to improve test scores, grade-point averages, and problem-solving skills
* enhances physical development
* helps them understand the interrelationship of all life"
Source: Promote Environmental Education in Children by Deborah Mitchell, www.charityguide.org - How to Make a Difference in a Few Hours
Educational Outreach Foundation
Serving children, the public & environment in Cherokee, Forsyth & North Fulton counties.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.
Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. -- Margaret Mead
No more compost bin requests are being taken at this time.
Enjoy this video from Shiloh Point Elementary!
Distinguished Service Citation National Award Recipient - Keep America Beautiful (2012)
2nd place waste reduction by a non-profit - Keep Georgia Beautiful (2012 & 2010)