A Charity of Awareness - Supporting Environmental Education for Children, Adults & Communities
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.
Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. -- Margaret Mead
Buddy Bags are a wonderful way to immediately and directly impact children who find themselves in the most vulnerable time in their young lives. Our goal is to provide them with a duffel or tote bag with personal items and school supplies that are both necessary and comforting. We would like to use only new items, although dufflel bags can be “like new.” We can always use the following:
- Mandelas coloring book (elementary school)
- Around World or Time Traveler coloring book (elementary and middle school)
- Stuffed animal (not accepting donations of at present time)
- Flashlight (hand-powered to avoid batteries)
- Duffel Bag or Eco-Friendly Tote (no backpacks) (new or like new accepted)
- Scientific Calculator (for middle and high school)
You can help by donating “Items Needed” to create more Buddy Bags. You can also help by volunteering to help put Buddy Bags together.
Join us and make a difference!
2018 - 50 bags donated (Forsyth County DFCS)
2019 - 25 bags donated (Forsyth County CASA)
2020 - 70 bags donated (FCS Social Workers)
Thank you to the following organizations for their contributions to this project. It truly takes a village.
Special thanks to Adarsh and Margot, National Science Honor Society students from Lambert High School, who assembled 40 buddy bags.